1). Weird Al is known for his parodies of of popular songs and polka medleys made of lines from various popular songs, however he has never recorded any original songs…
- False // so very, very wrong…
2). Who gave Weird Al his first big break?
- Michael Jackson
- Tom Lehrer
- Tom Syder
- Dr. Demento // His FIRST break is from the Eponymous radio show host for “novelty” records, but everyone listed helped him out…
- Jon Schwartz
- Ray Manzarek
- A big shot producer on TV
3). Which Weird Al rap is an original, not a parody?
- Amish Paradise
- Couch Potato
- It’s All About the Pentiums
- Twister // Original song in the style of the Beastie Boys…
- White and Nerdy
- No original rap, they are all parodies
4). Weird Al has covered popular songs only in his polka medleys, and has never recorded a full length cover of a song without changing the words.
- False // Some, but not many…
5). Which Hollywood movie has NO Weird Al song?
- Spy Hard
- Johnny Dangerously
- Naked Gun // He has a cameo in all three, but no song…
- Transformers // His song “Dare To Be Stupid” is playing in a scene…
6). Weird Al has written many songs based on movies, except for this one:
- Star Wars Episode I:The Phantom Menace
- Jurrasic Park
- The Flintstones
- Revenge of the Nerds // Ironic huh?
- Forrest Gump
7). Some of Weird Al’s best songs epitomize the style of a musical artist or group, rather than being a parody of a single song. Which artist or group has he done more than one song for?
- The Beach Boys // “Trigger Happy” and “Pancreas“…
- Bob Dylan
- The Doors
- Frank Zappa
- Oingo Boingo
- The Talking Heads
- White Stripes
8). Weird Al recorded a song where every line is a palindrome (reads the same forwards and backwards).
- True // Check it out!
- That’s just not possible!
9). Weird Al has NOT done a full length version of what song?
- The Beverly Hillbillies Theme
- The Weird Al Show Theme
- Bohemian Rhapsody // His only full length cover besides TV themes…
- George of the Jungle
- Stairway to Heaven // This remains un-done…
- No full length cover songs, just polka medleys
10). Weird Al specializes in parodies and polkas, but he has recorded original songs in other genres. Which genre is NOT one of them?
- Swing // “Grapefruit Diet”, is a parody of the Cherry Poppin’ Daddies’ “Zoot Suit Riot”
- TV / Movie Themes
- No original songs, they are all parodies